APPLY FOR THE lean researcher ROLE
Are you a strategic thinker who is naturally curious and loves to apply your learnings to make an impact? The Garage Group is looking for experienced Consumer Insights/Market Researchers to join our Lean Research Function who are ready to roll up their sleeves and work fast to push our projects forward. Working in partnership with project Directors and Associates, you will be a critical part of the project team having ownership of several key pieces of the work, including uncovering consumer behaviors, needs, and motivations to help inform product and design decisions. As TGG tackles tough business challenges in the trenches with our clients, your time will be split between client-facing work with F500 clients and independent work behind-the-scenes.
What’s in it for you:
You’ll be learning and growing with each custom project and will gain tremendous exposure to the day-to-day challenges of managing uncertainty in the volatile world of business strategy, innovation, and consumer behavior/insights. Through this experience you’ll:
- Leverage your current market research mastery to have an immediate impact while operating in new lean ways.
- Develop new mastery through exposure to new tools, methodologies, and approaches that will flex your associative thinking muscle.
- Master the power of entrepreneurial mindsets.
- Earn bonuses, rewards, and recognition through an incentive program based on personal/project/company success.
- Have the opportunity to contribute to and make an impact on some of the best Fortune 500 brands and products – that you can point out on store shelves and feel proud of!
What you’ll help lead and/or contribute:
- From the proposal stage to the final deliverable, you will be a strategic partner at various points in the project to help define the approach and bring the insights needed to help solve the client’s business challenge.
- You’ll gather insights and data from consumers, customers, and the market, then package it in a useful way using your strong writing & data analysis skills to drive smart, informed decisions.
- You’ll leverage various research tools, vendors, and methodologies to get the needed insights or if the current ones aren’t working, you’ll take the initiative to figure out how to tweak, build, or find new ones to keep forward progress.
- You’ll work with diverse, multidisciplinary teams and will use your interpersonal skills to meet them where they are and bring them along the journey by building trust and delivering with excellence.
- You'll leverage your strong analytical, storytelling, and communication skills to build robust decks and reports that capture process, findings, and key learnings.
- You’ll roll up your sleeves and own critical activities such as fielding research studies, writing screeners, analyzing data, developing reports, managing vendor relationships, and more.
How we’ll know if it’s working out:
- Our Directors and Associates will feel a strong sense of trust knowing that your work will be completed with excellence and on time.
- Our Clients will see you take their business challenges on as your own which will result in high trust and credibility and lead to referrals.
- You will be making meaningful contributions to discover the insights needed to push our projects forward, including creative problem solving as necessary pivots arise from the uncertainty.
- You will be contributing to the development of our Lean Research Function as part of the secret sauce that sets us apart from competitors.
- Projects will hit key milestones and KPIs.
- The broad TGG team will see you jumping in with a can-do attitude to help fill gaps when priorities shift.
- You are learning and growing with each project you complete. You are independently connecting dots and leveraging your experiences to make a bigger impact on each project.
- Your eagerness to learn, coupled with your courageous mindset, drives you to self-study methodologies, proactively reach out to others (internally and externally) for input and context, engages you in activities that develop your empathy and external perspective, and helps you keep a pulse on new products and trends in the market.
What we’re looking for:
- Experienced Consumer Insights/Market Researchers with a proven track record of making a substantial impact through relevant work.
- Relevant experience designing learning plans and executing digital ethnos, social media ethnos, lean concept development, moderating, developing screeners and activity guides, and other qual/quant methodologies in consulting, agency role, BigCo Insights, Market Research (Food & Bev, CPG, or Financial Services a plus).
- Someone who thrives in a work environment full of ambiguity and freedom. A self-motivated, initiative-taker who can manage their own time.
- Someone who enjoys going heads-down to get stuff done independently as much as they enjoy working collaboratively with others.
- A self-described 'partner' who finds ease and enjoyment working with both internal teams and clients.
- Natural storyteller with a knack for organizing complicated information in a simple way, using excellent written and visual communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to translate qualitative and quantitative data into actionable insights and conclusions.
- Entrepreneurial mindset of hustle, natural curiosity, jumping in on tasks with humility (regardless of title), and a deep knowing that better results come from collaboration.
- A flow-to-the-work mentality with the ability to flex your schedule as the project work ebbs and flows.
A little about us:
The Garage Group is a boutique consulting collective of smart, ambitious, mission-driven employees and contractors who are excited about solving tough challenges while unlocking courage in our clients. We work remotely – with a mix of both independent and collaborative work – and enjoy culture-building activities ranging from virtual happy hours to in-person quarterly team meetings. We’re on a high growth trajectory and are looking for folks who share our mindsets, exemplify our operating principles, and want to be part of a team that has fun while doing tough work that requires both courage and perseverance (and the ability to laugh & pivot when things go wrong).
If you're more interested in contracting as a Lean Researcher, rather than working full-time, please fill out this separate application.