APPLY FOR the DIRECTOR, LEAN GROWTH role
ABOUT THE ROLE:
At The Garage Group (TGG), our mission is to help F500 teams operate more like startups against their toughest Innovation and Strategic Growth challenges. Our Directors are the engine for both Sales and Delivery at The Garage Group -- adept at both building and maintaining strong customer relationships and leading BigCo teams through fast-paced client engagements.
This role is well-suited for high-competency business professionals who are passionate about constantly learning, and have the humility it takes to serve our BigCo clients as true partners as they navigate today’s increasing market uncertainties. The ideal candidate is a quick learner who is good at juggling multiple perspectives, works well on fast-paced projects with quick turnarounds, has a history of building effective relationships in complex, multi-stakeholder environments, and is adept at synthesizing a high number of inputs to build stakeholder-relevant business cases.
A SAMPLE VARIETY OF WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Account-Based Sales & Marketing: Lead business development efforts with F500 target accounts. This includes relationship building to deeply understand emerging Innovation and Growth challenges where existing solutions and ways of operating are no longer relevant. Leverage knowledge of client context to find meaningful and effective ways for The Garage Group to add value for existing and new clients.
- Design of Client Engagements: Build customized approaches for F500 client challenges. This includes leading the end-to-end process of proposal development, from collaborative approach design, to writing the proposal, pricing, and pitching the proposal to the client, and helping them understand how the approach meets their objectives.
- Delivery of Client Engagements: Lead both an external client and internal TGG team through 6-12 week engagements (could come to life in the culmination of a 5-10 Day Sprint, or a series of pulsed work sessions), designed to solve for a single business challenge. Externally, this includes planning, communicating, and facilitating fast-paced and intensive work sessions with cross-functional client teams. Internally, this includes managing a project-level P&L, and leading a cross-functional TGG team to execute with excellence, pivoting as needed to ensure client objectives are being met throughout the engagement.
- Team Leadership: Effectively leverage TGG team capacity and strengths to deliver on client objectives. Contribute to, and lead, internal initiatives that future-proof TGG services, keeping us relevant in the market. Depending on team needs, this may include direct supervision of TGG employee(s), but not guaranteed.
- At least 8+ years of professional experience in collaborative, multi-stakeholder environments.
- Must be adept at building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must have experience leading cross-functional teams through a variety of initiatives, and be comfortable living “in the weeds,” doing the work alongside the team.
- Experience facilitating effective work sessions for cross-functional teams, including the design and delivery of those sessions.
- Specific industry experience is not required, but strong familiarity with Food & Beverage, CPG, or Financial Services is preferred.
- Specific functional experience is not required, but previous roles in Strategy, Product or Brand Management, Innovation, Insights or Market Research, New Business Development, General Consulting, or Account Management is preferred.
This role is location agnostic. Today, our work is 100% virtual, though there are expectations to travel a couple days a quarter for team events. Candidates must be open to ~15% travel if delivery transitions back to in-person.